My job is to provide a technological advantage to IT companies. I can take over all the operational activities of your technical department, giving you much time for strategic decisions and actions.
I am a project manager with more than 15 years experience including people management, software architecture, devops and coding. I stand between business and coders worlds as a communicator, evangelist and leader. I can speak with coders on their language and always take care about your business needs.
I have experience as a CTO when I joined a small company and helped it to grow up to 21% in size of partners network, 50% in sales and 1346% in number of customers per year. I am an administrator and process-oriented guy, so you can be sure that your company will work like swiss watch.
I would like to work for public company that has an impact on the overall market, and create things that bring new possibilities to all the people. I am hands-on guy, problem solver, have spacious mind and advanced soft skills. I'm looking for new challenges, big responsibilities and opportunities to make the world better.
Skills and experience:
What I worked with:
- production experience in distributed service-oriented (also known as "microservices") architecture from scratch;
- using Ruby on Rails and BackBone frameworks, with experience in: devise, oAuth, geokit, paperclip, aws-sdk, websocket-rails, graphviz and more;
- practical knowledge of building and testing event-based loose coupling systems;
- AMQP queues and advanced routing (RabbitMQ);
- NoSQL, Key-Value and Entity-Attribute-Value (EAV) storages;
- highload (worked in project with 200+ hardware servers and 4k request/second);
- single-page applications with websockets as a transport;
- writing a testable pure-functional code with understanding of algorithms and cyclomatic complexity;
- backend and frontend automatic testing;
- performance profiling (xhprof for php, sql query plan, ruby-prof, etc..);
- kernel-based virtualization (kvm), also familiar with docker;
- linux shell (compiling, maintain, etc..);
- REST, SOLID and basic principles from GoF (also known as OOP patterns);
- in one line: Git, Capistrano, Apache/Nginx, OpenStack, Zabbix, Jenkins/Ant, Teamcity, AWS.
What I can do for you:
- implement full production cycle of software development: from gathering requirements and design to quality control, deploy and support;
- setup a continuous integration cycle from scratch;
- implement automatic testing environment, setup the process (TDD) and teach the team;
- setup a fault-tolerance deploy to distributed network of servers with rollback ability;
- setup a monitoring with automatic actions and escalation;
- design, implement and manage a micro-services architecture (SOA) for distributed application;
- plan a project iterations, budget and risks;
- maintain technical documentation or technical press releases;
- write the code and tests :)
Made by hands:
- Social network for a fans of board games "Kvakka" (Ruby/Rails/Backbone/PostgreSQL, ActiveJob/SQS/S3, SPA/WS).
- Backend for the "Workflow system" - a business process management system (Ruby on Rails).
- Backend and API for two-ways exchange system with SAP in the "Era Trading House" (Rails)
- A ruby gem "acts_as_backdrop" to write async (background) processing code right into Rails models.
- The group of websites for “Digital Security” company: www.dsec.ru, research Center www.dsecrg.ru, community www.pcidss.ru, remote learning system "Dsec Train" (PHP/MySQL).
- Media content management system for “SPN Ogilvy” websites (PHP/MySQL).
- SDK of external API for Fotostrana.Ru and second version of API (PHP).
- Backend for a russian federal network of the shops of board games www.gaga.ru (PHP/MySQL).
- Repost.be - web service to create custom widgets for social networks, and track a visitors conversion.
- The cross-website interests tracker, which shows relevant advertising on each next website, based on Snowplow package.
I'm open-minded, punctual and honest person. And I like to work with honest and open professionals. I always say frankly what I think, and always respond for my words.
My hobbies are: building and renovation houses, soundproofing and ventilation, home automation systems, mountain bike, videoblogging.
- Project manager / product owner in web-related projects;
- VP of engineering or CTO in ruby/php projects;
- Technical cofounder at startup.
(In our country we are using Facebook for business contacts instead of LinkedIn. You can also see recommendations at LinkedIn)
- Alexander Volochnev, Senior PHP developer "SAITOW AG", Germany;
- Sergey Kotyrev, CEO at "UMI.CMS";
- Eduard Andreev, COO at "UMI.CMS";
- Anton Solonchuk, CFO at "UMI.CMS";
- Alexey Bakhtiarov, CEO at "Infobox";
- Ann Zyabreva, CEO at "Infobox"'s web-development department;
- Yuri Vaysman, CEO at "Artics";
- Vasiliy Loskutov, CEO at "SeoBox";
- Timofey Kvachev, CEO at "Trinet";
- Yuri Shilyaev, CEO at "Artics" department in Belarus;
- Phil Kulin, CEO at "Diphost";
- Ivan Kuts, CEO at "FriendlyTeam.Ru";
- Oleg Petrachev, CTO at "Sprinthost";
- Vasily Steshin, CMO at "Artics";
- Rustam Narmanov, Head of the system administration department at "Fotostrana";
- Ilya Korolev, CTO at "Fotostrana";
- Stanislav Golenzovskiy, Head of the support department at "UMI.CMS";
- Roman Lukmanov, Head of the testing department at "Fotostrana";
- Anton Utkin, PHP developer at "Era Trading House";
- Sergey Poulikov, Team lead at "Artics";
- Juri Vertrau, Head of design department at "Mail.Ru";
Currently I’m looking for a new job remotely or with relocation to other country.
Key positions and achievements:
Started in web industry at 1998.
In 1998-2004 engaged in free-lance work, active sales and manage the creation of commercial web-sites in some web development companies of Saint-Petersburg.
Web-development department of “Infobox”.
VP of engineering
Staged the processes of development, documents flow and sales. Directly managed project development. Oversaw the creation of the first version of federal network Sobaka.Ru website. Actively trained sales managers.
"SPN Ogilvy / Digital media".
Head of Development, Lead developer
"Artics" Internet agency.
VP of engineering
Engaged in development, management, finance planning and interaction with the business units (departments) in other cities. Developed workflows for programming, testing, and "post-production" support for customers. Oversaw the creation of, for example, digital library Knigafund, BFM Group, BFA agency and so on.
“UMI.CMS” (also known as "Umisoft" company).
Chief technology officer (CTO)
Formed and implemented complete production cycle for UMI.CMS from requirements gathering to publishing and support newest version of the product. Provides all the necessary infrastructure: office equipment, test farms, backups, telephones, even preparation of an engineering communications (in new building) for the whole office relocation. My job became a foundation for launch new "cloud" project UMI.Ru
Social network “Fotostrana”.
Head of External API Department, TDD Manager
Stabilized the external API of the project (for external games and applications), developed and implemented the automatic testing system, that controls activities of more than 100 full-time developers with very little effort.
Hosting company “Sprinthost”.
VP of engineering, Architect, Project manager
Formed and implemented the automatic deployment processes. Organized the fail-save operations with DNS for customers. Designed and implemented the high-performance, fault-tolerant computing platform on principles of SOA-architecture, which was intended to become a foundation to russian analogue of Amazon AWS.
“Era Trading House”
VP of engineering
Formed two working teams, implemented infrastructure and necessary tools for development, testing and deploy. Developed the two-ways exchange system with SAP. Oversaw the creation of the universal system of entering and storing information about goods based on EAV data model.
“Kvakka” social network
VP of engineering, Architect, Co-founder
Started as a cofounder and developed first version from scratch. Implemented full production process includes CI and deploy. Now participate as a supervisor, devops, and architect in the engineering team at kvakka.com.
Master's degree, Computer Technologies and Control Systems.
Institute of fine mechanics and optics (IFMO), Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
Anabin rating H+ (Nationale Forschungsuniversität für Informationstechnologien, Mechanik und Optik).
Certified master of Agile/SCRUM.
Project management courses from Askhat Urazbaev, ScrumTrek.